Take your talents to the hardwood and join a team of friends, old or new, in Austin’s most popular adult basketball leagues. These nights are for seasoned players looking to keep their game sharp or take it to the next level. Leagues are growing each season and sell out often – grab your team and register today!REGISTER NOW
- 7 regular season games
- Trained Officials & Scorekeepers
- Unlimited roster sizes – no per player fees for team registration
- Team Shirts (First 10 included. $10 for each additional)
- Playoffs for top teams
- Championship Prizes
Schedules & Standings
LEAGUE FORMATAll teams will compete during the regular season and top teams will advance to the playoffs. The number of playoff teams will be determined by the total number of teams in the league. Tie breakers are determined by win/loss record, head to head, and point differential.
- Normal rules and penalties of the NCAA apply unless exceptions have been made below.
- Each game will be played with two 20-minute halves.
- Each team is allowed one 1-minute time-out in the first half and two 1-minute time-outs in the second half. Unused timeouts from the first half do not carry over.
- It is a running clock except for final 2 minutes of the 2nd half (unless a team is up by 15 points or more)
- In the case of a tie at the end of regulation there will be a 2:00 minute overtime with each team being awarded one time-out for the overtime period. If the game is still tied after the overtime period we will go to sudden death. In sudden death teams do not get a time-out and the winning team will be determined by which team scores first.
BEGINNING OF THE GAMEThe beginning of the game starts with a jump ball. The possessions for all following jump balls alternate. The start of any necessary overtime periods will begin with a jump ball.
- Each team shall field no more than 5 players on the court at one time. Teams may have as many players on their roster as they choose. All rosters can be added to throughout the season but no players will be allowed to play without having signed the roster via registration through our website.
- All players must wear a SPORTSKIND league shirt or a SPORTSKIND Championship shirt. During the course of the regular season teams are allowed to “pick up” players from the league that are not on their roster in order to field a full team.
- Two (2) points will be awarded to the opponent for each player checked in without a valid league shirt.
SUBSTITUTIONSSubstitutions are allowed at any dead ball. Players wishing to sub into the game must let the scorekeeper know, and may not sub in until called into the game by the officials.
- Personal fouls will be recorded for all leagues.
- Players will foul-out after being awarded their 5th personal foul.
- All technical fouls will be recorded as personal fouls.
- A team begins shooting one-and-one on the 7th team foul of each half and continues shooting one-and-one on any following fouls until the tenth team foul.
- On the tenth team foul teams will be awarded two free throws for that and every team foul during the remainder of the half.
- All shooting fouls are 2 shot fouls unless the shooter is attempting a 3 point shot. Then they will receive three shots.
- If a foul is an intentional foul the player will receive 2 shots and the ball.
- Technical fouls are counted as personal fouls.
- Any individual that is assessed two technical fouls will be ejected from the game. (Depending on the severity of the technical foul a player can be ejected after being assessed 1 technical under the discretion of the referee.)
- All technical fouls result in 2 free throws and ball possession.
PLAYOFFSIt will consist of the top teams in the league playing in a single elimination. If there is a tie in the standings we will go to the head-to-head match-up to determine seeding. No substitutes will be allowed during playoffs and all players must have already played in at least one regular season game and are on the league roster/waiver. Teams that have had two forfeits during the course of the regular season will not be eligible for playoffs.
PLAYOFF ELIGIBILITYNo substitutes will be allowed during playoffs. All players must have already appeared in at least one regular season game, have been successfully added to a team’s official roster. Any player protests in the playoffs must be done before a game.
- If your team forfeits a game during the season, the following rules apply:
- First Offense: Loss of game. Score marked: 25-0.
- Second Offense: Loss of game and lost ability to make playoffs.
- Third Offense: Removal from the league.
- If you know in advance that your team is going to forfeit a game, we encourage you to contact us so we can inform your opponent.
- Teams have until five minutes past the designated start time to field a full squad (or the league minimum of players required according to rules). If at that time a team is unable to field a legal team, they forfeit the game. The teams may utilize the playing field during their allotted time to play an unofficial game. The official score will be marked as a loss with the respective forfeit score.
SPORTSMANSHIPWe enforce a “Zero Tolerance Policy” in regards to behavior of players, managers, and fans. Taunting, trash talking, or abusive language will not be tolerated. Referees and SPORTSKIND staff will have the right to reprimand or eject players, managers, or fans depending on the severity of the situation. Abusive behavior toward the referee will not be tolerated. An ejection carries a two game suspension (including the current game). In extreme cases, the player will be asked to leave the league without refund. The severity of the punishment will be based on the discretion of the referee and SPORTSKIND staff. Any rules not covered or protests will be handled by the SPORTSKIND staff.
- FIGHTING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ANY INSTANCES OF FIGHTING WILL RESULT IN A TEAM FORFEIT OF THE LEAGUE WITHOUT REFUND AND POSSIBLE EXPULSIONS FROM FUTURE SPORTSKIND EVENTS.
- ALL DECISIONS OF THE LEAGUE STAFF ARE FINAL. THE LEAGUE STAFF SHALL ALSO HAVE THE FINAL AUTHORITY TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO GAME SCHEDULES, GAME DURATION, AND OTHER ASPECTS OF THE RULES OR OF THE LEAGUE.