STARTS February 13, 2023
Winter 2023 Coed Sand Volleyball 4s (Mondays) MSC
4v4 Coed | 6:30PM - 10:30PM
|February 08, 2023|
|February 13, 2023|
Part of Town
|Central San Antonio|
Regular Registration Price
|$415 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|$69 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|Dec 10, 2022 - Jan 13, 2023|
Early Registration Price
|$355 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|$59 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
Early Registration Period*
|Oct 26, 2022 - Dec 09, 2022|
Late Registration Price
|$465 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|$79 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
Late Registration Period*
|Jan 14, 2023 - Feb 08, 2023|
*Click “All Details” for Early Bird and Late registration periods and fees.
- This recreational league is open to players of all skill levels.
- Games will be played at Mainland Sports Complex.
- Join as a Team Captain and fill your team’s roster.
- Minimum 5 players
- No Max
- Join solo or with a small group as a Free Agent and we’ll place you on a team. You can request teammates when you register.
- Game Times: 6:00pm-9:20pm
- 7 regular season games with trained officials
- Unlimited roster sizes – no per player fees for team registration
- Team Shirts (first 10 included. $10 for each additional)
- Playoffs for top teams
- Championship Prizes
LEAGUE FORMATDouble header leagues will play 2 games per night. All teams will compete in the regular season and top teams advance to the playoffs. The number of playoff teams will be determined by the total number of teams in the league. As a co-ed league, the intended format is 2 male players and 2 female players on the court at a time. No more than 3 male players may be on the court at any one time. Teams may play an official game with 3 players but no more than 2 male players on the court at any one time.
- Teams will have 10 minutes from the start of their designated match time to gather all of their teammates to start the game. If the entire team isn’t there by 10 minutes after the designated match time the first game will go to the opposing team. If after 15 minutes there aren't enough players for a league game the opposing team will win the match.
- If teams are short players they have the option to pick up players from within the league to keep from forfeiting the game. A minimum of three players from the team's roster must be present to field a team. Picking up a 4th player from within the league to play a game is allowed at the discretion of the official. A 5th or 6th player will only be allowed at the approval of the opposing team since you can play an official league game with 4 players.
- Each match will consist of 2 games to 21.
- Each game will continue until a two point advantage is reached or until one team reaches 25.
- If a 3rd game is needed it will be rally scoring to 15 points with no cap in all 3rd games.
- All games are rally scoring.
- Rally scoring simply means that a point will be awarded each time the ball is served regardless of who served it.
- Teams are only permitted to substitute a player on their side-out; substitutions must be acknowledged by the official.
- Side out substitutions enter the match into the serving position.
- Players arriving late must wait for a dead ball/end of point to fill a missing position.
- If a team illegally substitutes a player, that team will lose their serve immediately.
- A team earns service possession for the start of the first game by winning Rock/Paper/Scissors.
- A legal serve is one that crosses the net and is either touched by an opposing player or lands within the opposing team’s area of the court within the boundary lines. A serve that makes contact with the net and carries over to the opponent’s side of the net is a live serve and must be returned.
- Jump serves are not permitted.
- When the serving team wins the rally, the player who served before, serves again.
- When the receiving team wins the rally, it gains the right to serve and must rotate the server. All players shall rotate one position clockwise.
- Players on the receiving team cannot block or attack a serve.
PLAYING THE BALL
- In 4’s all players are allowed to attack the net.
- Each team is allowed a maximum of 3 successive contacts of the ball in order to return the ball to the opponent’s area.
- Open hand dinks are illegal. An open hand allows the player to affect the direction of the ball by using fingertips in conjunction with the twist of the wrist.
- Returning a serve with a set is illegal and must be “passed” with a bump (hands together below the wrist) or with your hands together (above the waist).
- When setting the ball over the net, the players shoulders must be square to the direction of the set.
- Players are not permitted to scoop, hold or lift the ball. The ball must be clearly hit.
- There is no centerline. You may cross under the net providing that you do not contact a player from the other side or hinder their play of the ball.
- The ball must cross the plane of the net before contact may be made unless it is the 3rd hit by the offense and the contact is made to block the shot.
- Contact with the net is a violation. This includes contact made by hats, hair or clothing.
- Crossing or playing over any of the ball guards is a dead ball.
- Crossing into the other courts is a dead ball.
- A stray ball onto the court constitutes a replay if it comes in during play
- Blocking is the action close to the net which intercepts the ball coming from the opponent's side by making contact with the ball before, during or after it crosses the net.
- A block contact is not counted as a team hit, and a team is entitled to 3 hits to return the ball.
- The first hit after the block may be executed by any player, including the one who blocked the ball.
PLAYOFFS ELIGIBILITYAll players participating in the playoffs must be on the official team roster and have played at least 1 regular season game. If an opposing team believes one of the players on the other team hasn’t played in an official regular season game and/or isn’t on the official team roster they can protest that player. If a team checks in a player who isn't on the official league roster and the opposing team protests, said team will automatically forfeit the set. Since many teams play without subs please plan accordingly and if you know one of your players won’t be there for the playoffs be sure to have a substitute on the roster.
- If your team forfeits a game during the season, the following rules apply:
- First Offense: Loss of game. Score marked: 21-0, 21-0.
- Second Offense: Loss of game and lost ability to make playoffs.
- Third Offense: Removal from the league.
- If you know in advance that your team is going to forfeit a game, we encourage you to contact us so we can inform your opponent.
- Teams have until ten minutes past the designated start time to field a full squad (or the league minimum of players required according to rules). If at that time a team is unable to field a legal team, they forfeit the first game. If after 15 minutes there aren't enough players for a league game the opposing team will win the match. The teams may utilize the playing field during their allotted time to play an unofficial game. The official score will be marked as a loss with the respective forfeit score.
- All games will be officiated by league staff.
- Only the team captain from each team may approach the official to dispute or question a call. In the end the call made by the official is final.
- We enforce a “Zero Tolerance Policy” in regards to behavior of players, managers, and fans. Taunting, trash talking, or abusive language will not be tolerated. Officials and league staff will have the right to reprimand or eject players, managers, or fans depending on the severity of the situation. Abusive behavior toward the official will not be tolerated. An ejection carries a one game suspension (including the current game). In extreme cases, the player will be asked to leave the premises without refund. The severity of the punishment will be based on the discretion of the official and league staff.
- Only CAPTAINS of respective teams are allowed to approach the official with questions or concerns in a respective manner. Teams charging the field of play to question or complain a call will be subject to automatic forfeit for that game.
- Alcohol and smoking is not allowed on playing fields.
- Any rules not covered or protests will be handled by the Official.
- There will be no refunds allowed for rain delays or cancellations. If the league is postponed due to weather, we will reschedule to a later date. There will be no refunds if you are not able to furnish a team on the makeup date.
- Sand is played in the rain if at all possible unless the Official or Facility Representative decides it is necessary to postpone due to dangerous playing conditions or lightning. If lightning occurs, all attempts will be made to resume play 30 minutes after the last lightning flash is viewed and the official deems it safe to resume play. The games will resume as scheduled if at all possible, or shortened if necessary.
- FIGHTING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ANY INSTANCES OF FIGHTING MAY RESULT IN A TEAM FORFEIT OF THE TOURNAMENT WITHOUT REFUND AND POSSIBLE EXPULSIONS FROM FUTURE TOURNAMENTS.
- ALL DECISIONS OF THE LEAGUE STAFF ARE FINAL. THE LEAGUE STAFF SHALL ALSO HAVE THE FINAL AUTHORITY TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO GAME SCHEDULES, GAME DURATION. AND OTHER ASPECTS OF THE RULES OR OF THE LEAGUE.