SPORTSKIND Adult Rec Leagues Coming Soon to San Antonio
If you’ve visited or live in San Antonio, you likely know that the nation’s seventh-largest city is predominantly known for the Battle of the Alamo in 1836, Fiesta San Antonio, Six Flags Fiesta, the River walk, and its gloriously rich Hispanic culture.
Here are 10 things about San Antonio you may not know:
- Gatorade was invented by San Antonio native Robert Cade.
- Five-time NBA All-Star Shaquille O’Neal went to Robert G. Cole High School in San Antonio.
- Theodore Roosevelt recruited Rough Riders at the Menger Hotel. There are bullet holes in the bar, and the legend is that they are from Rough Riders before they shipped out to Cuba.
- The city is home to the tallest cowboy boots sculpture. The famous boots outside North Star Mall are 35-feet, three inches tall and weigh more than 10,000 pounds.
- The San Antonio Stockshow and Rodeo reuses the same 2,160 tons of dirt every year.
- San Pedro Park is the oldest park in Texas and the second-oldest in the nation.
- El Mercado’s shopping district is the largest Mexican market in the United States. It’s a three-block outdoor plaza filled with a combination of 100 restaurants.
- The San Antonio Zoo is the third largest in the US. This 35-acre zoo has over 3,500 animals.
- Church’s Chicken first opened its doors in San Antonio 1952 under the name “Church’s Fried Chicken To Go” directly across the street from the Alamo.
- Fritos and Frito pie were invented in San Antonio. Charles Doolin invented Fritos in 1932 and his mother Daisy reportedly invented Frito pie also in the 1930s.
Let’s not forget that San Antonio natives love their sports too ! The San Antonio Spurs of the NBA won five championships (1999, 2003, 2005, 2007, and 2014) and 12 former players are enshrined in the NBA Hall of Fame.
The fact that San Antonio is such a great sports city (and ok, they have some of the best tacos and tamales in the world) is one of the reasons we’re happy to share the news that SPORTSKIND adult rec sports leages are coming soon to San Antonio.
That’s right, SPORTSKIND is soon launching in “Alamo City!”
Want to know when your favorite rec league sports are live and open for registration? Just click on any of the sports below and then sign up for notifications.
You’ll be the first to hear when any of our SPORTSKIND leagues are available to play in San Antonio.
- Flag Football
- Indoor Volleyball
- Sand Volleyball
Now that SPORTSKIND will be expanding to San Antonio, we’ll need help figuring out where to eat. San Antonio has almost 5,000 restaurants!
Follow SPORTSKIND on Facebook and Instagram to stay on top of league updates and be the first to hear about new player benefits.