STARTS April 22, 2023
ATX SPORTSFEST Coed Softball Tournament (April 22nd, 2023)
8:30AM - 5:00PM
|April 17, 2023|
|April 22, 2023|
Part of Town
Regular Registration Price
|$595 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|$75 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|Feb 25, 2023 - Apr 10, 2023|
Early Registration Price
|$495 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|$65 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
Early Registration Period*
|Jan 06, 2023 - Feb 24, 2023|
Late Registration Price
|$645 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|$85 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
Late Registration Period*
|Apr 11, 2023 - Apr 17, 2023|
*Click “All Details” for Early Bird and Late registration periods and fees.
- This Rec tournament is open to all skill levels.
- Games will be played at Krieg Fields.
- Join as a Team Captain and fill your team’s roster.
- Minimum 12 players
- No Max
- Join solo or with a small group as a Free Agent and we’ll place you on a team. You can request teammates when you register.
- The listed tournament date is projected and tentative. Actual tournament date and other details may change based on circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 virus and related facility operations.
- Tournament Date: Saturday, April 22nd
- Game Times: 9am–5pm
- 3 Games Guaranteed
- Pool Play + Single Elimination Tournament
- ASA Umpires for all games
- Unlimited Roster Sizes – no per player fees for team registrations
- Team Shirts (First 15 included. $10 for each additional)
- SPORTSFEST General Admission Tickets (first 15 included)
- Championship Prizes
SPORTSKIND softball tournaments are played under the American Softball Association (ASA) rules with amendments as described below. If there is no specific exception below, then ASA rules of the game shall prevail. In the event of a conflict between these rule exceptions and ASA rules, the SPORTSKIND SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT rule modifications shall prevail.
- Co-Ed Slow Pitch Softball is a friendly game similar to baseball. The object of the game is to score more runs than the opposing team. It is played with 10 fielders with a maximum of 6 males in the field. (Please note that for SPORTSKIND SOFTBALL TOURNAMENTS there doesn’t have to be an equal number of male to female team members). No new innings will begin after 45 minutes into the game (excepting the Championship Game). Captains must present their line ups to the umpire before the official game time. Clock starts at game time and will begin once both teams are ready for play. A forfeit is called 5 minutes after the game start time if a team or teams do not have enough players to start.
- The minimum amount needed to start a game is 9 players with at least one catcher. A team can start with less than the minimum but only if the opposing team is ok with that scenario. All team members must be on the signed roster/waiver in order to be eligible to participate in the tournament.
- All team members must play in at least one of the pool play games to be eligible for the single elimination part of the tournament. Any team found to have a player on the field that did not sign the waiver or play in a pool play game may be forced to forfeit that game. This responsibility is up to the team captain to make sure all players have signed to the roster. Waivers and rosters will be closed after the start of the second game of pool play so be sure your players get there on time!
- The first two randomly matched games will be used to determine placement in a single elimination tournament. Ties are a possible outcome during these first two games, and “Home” and “Visitor” status will be determined by a coin flip prior to each game.
- After every team plays their first two games they will be placed in the single elimination tournament based on the following factors:
- Overall Record (Ties are a possible outcome in the first two games)
- Run differential
- If any teams are still tied, seeding will be decided by a coin flip
- Depending on the number of tournament teams some of the higher seeds may receive a bye. Home and Visitor status throughout the tournament will be determined by the lower seed always being the home team. (ie. If the 2 seed and 6 seed play, the 2 seed team will be “Home” and the 6 seed will be “Visitors”). There WILL NOT be a shift in the bracket to align up the remaining lower seed with the remaining higher seed in the tournament.
- The Championship game will consist of either 7 complete innings or a time limit of 55 min. No new innings will begin after 55 minutes. Run Rule: 15 runs after 4 innings, 10 runs after 5 innings
- A team can start with 9 but if the player missing is a female then that team must take an out when it is her turn to bat.
- There may be an unlimited number of players in the batting order as long as no more than 2 males bat in a row. A consistent 1 to 1 rotation between a male and female batter is NOT required. 3 males in a row will result in an out before the third male would bat. Each team will bat around the entire batting order regardless of the players playing in the field.
- Substitutes are allowed during the game on the field. Changes to the batting order are not permitted once the rosters have been submitted to the umpire before the game.
- Pinch hitters are not allowed.
- Each player in the batting order must play the field at least one inning during the game.
- All batters come to the plate with a one ball and one strike count and are allowed two foul balls. On the third foul ball the batter will be ruled out.
- If a male, who is followed by a female batter is walked then he automatically goes to second base. The female batting behind him will have the option to advance to first or bat. A female who is walked will automatically advance to first base and the only case where base runners would advance is if there is a runner on first.
- There is no BUNTING ALLOWED. Any bunts will be called an automatic out by the umpire.
- The mercy rule will be put into effect if, after completing five innings, one team is ahead by 15 runs or more.
- All bats must be ASA Approved
- All balls must be ASA Approved and fit the following requirements:
- Female Ball - 11″ .52 Core/300 Compression
- Male Ball - 12″ .52 Core/300 Compression
- If a game in the single elimination round of the tournament is tied after the standard game time is expired, extra innings will be played until the tie is broken. Both teams must start at the top of the order on offense. The last player in the line-up will start on 2nd base. Each batter will start with a full count and one foul and will receive one pitch. If the pitch is ruled a ball by the umpire, the batter will advance per regulation rules. The ball must be fair or it will result in an out. Full overtime one-pitch innings will be played until the tie is broken.
- Reminder: Extra innings is only possible in the single elimination tournament.
- Base runners may not steal, lead off, or advance until the ball is hit. Violation of this rule will result in the base runner being called out.
- Courtesy runners: Any eligible player on the official line-up including available substitutes may be used as a courtesy runner. A courtesy runner may be used once per inning.
- There is no requirement regarding male/female ratio in the infield or outfield but there must be at least 4 females in the field unless the team is playing with only 9 players and their 10th player missing is a female.
- The pitcher and all defensive players cannot charge the batter until the ball has been hit. The Umpire will give one warning and a second offense will result in an automatic single for the batter.
- Defensive players must give the runners room to run to the next base not blocking the baseline or the base itself. If the defensive player doesn’t give the runner sufficient space in the baseline, or on the base, the umpire will rule in favor of the runner by default and will award the runner the base in question.
- On an overthrown ball that results in the ball going outside of the playing field all runners will advance a maximum of one base.
- All players not base coaching or on deck to hit MUST BE INSIDE THEIR RESPECTIVE DUGOUTS. Teams will receive one warning by the umpire and on a second offense will begin their next at-bat with one out.
- We enforce a “Zero Tolerance Policy” in regards to behavior of players, managers, and fans. Taunting, trash talking, or abusive language will not be tolerated. Umpires and tournament staff will have the right to reprimand or eject players, managers, or fans depending on the severity of the situation. Abusive behavior toward the umpire will not be tolerated. An ejection carries a two game suspension (including the current game). In extreme cases, the player will be asked to leave the premises without refund. The severity of the punishment will be based on the discretion of the umpire and tournament staff. Only MANAGERS of respective teams are allowed to approach the umpire with questions or concerns in a respectful manner. Teams charging the field of play to question or complain a call will be subject to automatic forfeit for that game.
- Alcohol and smoking is not allowed on playing fields or dugouts.
- Any rules not covered or protests will be handled by the Tournament Director.
- There will be no refunds allowed for rain delays or cancellations. If the tournament is postponed due to weather, we will reschedule the tournament to a later date. There will be no refunds if you are not able to furnish a team on the make up date.
- Slow Pitch Softball is played in the rain if at all possible unless the Tournament Director or Facility Representative decide it is necessary to postpone due to dangerous field conditions or lightning. If lightning occurs, all attempts will be made to resume play 30 minutes after the last lightning flash is viewed and the Tournament Director deems it safe to resume play. The games will resume as scheduled if at all possible, or shortened if nightfall is imminent.
- All decisions of the Tournament Director are final. The Tournament Director shall also have the final authority to make adjustments to match schedules, match duration, and other aspects of the tournament as may become necessary during the course of the tournament.
- FIGHTING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ANY INSTANCES OF FIGHTING WILL RESULT IN A TEAM FORFEIT OF THE TOURNAMENT WITHOUT REFUND AND POSSIBLE EXPULSIONS FROM FUTURE TOURNAMENTS.