Sports Management Intern (Nights)
Enrich your active lifestyle with SPORTSKIND. We offer premier sports leagues and team experiences for young professionals to cultivate a well-balanced life through team sports, fitness and wellness.
SPORTSKIND was inspired by the experiences and passion of longtime rec sports teammates and their vision of creating better sports experiences, celebrating the competitive spirit, and developing a social community and culture around team sports. Built on a deep love for sports, and inspired by teamwork and performance, we are committed to providing the best team sports leagues and experiences for our members, staff and community.
Stay active, stay balanced and stay connected with SPORTSKIND.
SPORTSKIND is looking for a Sports Management Intern to join our growing team and help us achieve our next stage of rapid growth – intended for SPRING 2023. In this role you will partner with our Operations and Management teams to assist in League Management, Marketing, Event Planning, and General Operations.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Gain hands on experience and an inside look of a growing business.
- Create a Master project that advances your interest and knowledge in a concentrated area.
- Help build a culture and brand that is growing rapidly and wants to bring more people together through sports, lifestyle and fun.
We’re looking for a high-energy, dedicated professional who is a versatile team player, someone as determined and excited as we are to build up an active, athletic, and social culture and community in Austin. We’d LOVE to hear from you if you are:
- Equal parts thinker and doer.
- Able and motivated to drive growth, and looking to grow professionally in-step with our company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
‣ League Operations:
- Work as part of the team responsible for the operations of all sports leagues, tournaments, and other special events.
- Scheduling/management of different programming.
- Preparation of leagues, including overseeing t-shirts, trophies, happy hours, games and more.
‣ Marketing and Partnerships:
- Work closely with a Manager to create Facebook and Google ads, prepare social media posts and community management, promote events, prepare emails newsletters, and more.
- Identify and contact potential partners or sponsors and assist in presentations, proposals, and sales.
- Interns will perform competitive market research and analysis.
‣ Event Planning and Operations:
- Help concept, plan and create Member and Corporate Events
- Secure and manage vendor relationships
- Identify potential sponsors, venues, and partners
- Interns will work on event planning and scheduling, on-site productions, budgets and participate in efforts to publicize the event.
‣ If you have a specific interest in one of the above responsibilities, please note so in your cover letter.
Qualifications and Skills:
‣ Deep, genuine passion for sports, social, community, and fun!
‣ Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
‣ Resourceful with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts and ideas with a strong attention to detail.
‣ Self-starter who is able to think creatively and work independently in a fast-paced, shifting environment
‣ Strong organizational skills: ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously. There are many hats to wear!
‣ Ability to work some evenings and weekends
‣ A Team Player!
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- Course Credit, as applicable
- Employee Parties and Perks
- Tons of new friends and connections
- Company swag and apparel
- Free entry to our leagues and tournaments – so stay active and have fun while on the job!
Interested students should submit a resume and a link to an online portfolio.