Internship – Marketing (HOU)
SPORTSKIND is looking for a Marketing Intern to join our vibrant team, steering us toward our next phase of rapid growth – Winter/Spring 2024.As the ideal candidate, you’re a highly creative individual passionate about your craft. In the role of Marketing Intern, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to conceive and design compelling physical and print assets, ensuring a cohesive look and feel consistent with brand guidelines across all external marketing channels. Working closely with our marketing team, you’ll play a vital role in launching and managing marketing campaigns, developing event planning strategies, and supporting the department’s general operations. Your contributions will be essential to the success of our marketing initiatives, and you will report directly to the operations manager.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience and an insider’s view of a growing business.
- Create a Master project to advance your interest and knowledge in a specific area.
- Contribute to building a culture and brand that’s rapidly growing and aims to bring people together through sports, lifestyle, and fun.
We’re looking for a high-energy, dedicated professional who is a versatile team player, someone as determined and excited as we are to build up an active, athletic, and social culture and community in Houston. We’d LOVE to hear from you if you are:
- Equal parts thinker and doer.
- Able and motivated to drive growth, looking to grow professionally in step with our company.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in managing digital marketing channels, including website, email, and social media.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns.
- Conceptualize and create marketing assets, maintaining professionalism and brand integrity.
- Develop a deep understanding of our members, target audience, and products to foster strong relationships within the community.
- Plan and manage social media and communication campaigns aligned with marketing strategies.
- Create, schedule, and deliver engaging content across all owned media channels.
- Respond to member comments and inquiries professionally and on-brand.
- Produce social media images, event signage, promotional materials, presentations, etc.
- Build emails and web pages within WordPress to support digital marketing campaigns.
- Assist in developing content for SPORTSKIND social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Enrolled in or graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sports Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Minimum one year of marketing experience.
- Ability to ideate, concept, and create premium marketing projects.
- Professional team player with an immaculate attention to detail.
- Strategic, self-motivated, intellectually curious, innovative, and resourceful.
- Dynamic communicator with articulate writing and presentation skills.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) is preferred
- Bonus if you have proficiency with PowerPoint, familiarity with WordPress, and experience creating and editing video.
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- Employee Parties and Perks
- Company swag and apparel
- Free entry to our leagues and tournaments – so stay active and have fun while on the job!