STARTS April 22, 2023
ATX SPORTSFEST BYO4 Sand Volleyball Tournament (April 22nd, 2023)
8:30AM - 5:00PM
|April 17, 2023|
|April 22, 2023|
Part of Town
Regular Registration Price
|$295 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|$85 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|Feb 25, 2023 - Apr 10, 2023|
Early Registration Price
|$245 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|$75 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
Early Registration Period*
|Jan 06, 2023 - Feb 24, 2023|
Late Registration Price
|$345 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|$95 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
Late Registration Period*
|Apr 11, 2023 - Apr 17, 2023|
*Click “All Details” for Early Bird and Late registration periods and fees.
- This rec tournament is open to all skill levels. The competition is set to friendly. Come out and show off your skills and have a fun day with fellow sand volleyball enthusiasts.
- Games will be played at Krieg Fields.
- Join as a Team Captain and fill your team’s roster.
- 4 players (2 Male, 2 Female)
- The listed tournament date is projected and tentative. Actual tournament date and other details may change based on circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 virus and related facility operations.
- Tournament Date: Saturday, 4/22
- Game Times: 8:00am-5:00pm
- 1 sets to 21 - must win by 2 (cap at 25)
- 4 Games Guaranteed
- Pool Play + Single Elimination Tournament
- Trained officials for all games
- Unlimited Roster Sizes - no per player fees for team registration
- Team Shirts (first 4 included - $10 for each additional)
- SPORTSFEST General Admission Tickets (first 4 included)
- Championship Prizes
BRING YOUR OWN 4’s TOURNAMENT FORMATVolleyball teams of four will compete in a round robin format followed by playoffs. Teams must play with 2 females and 2 males on the court. Based on the results of the round robin games we’ll rank all teams based on the criteria listed below and the top teams will move onto the playoffs. The number of playoff teams will be determined and announced at the event. Based on the results of the round robin games all teams will be ranked based on the following criteria:
- Overall record of your games played
- Total point differential of all the matches
- In the rare case where there is a tie after these two factors we will go to a coin flip
SCORINGAll volleyball games are rally scoring in one set to 21, teams must win by 2 with a cap at 25. Teams will switch sides once one of the teams reaches 11 points. Rally scoring simply means that a point will be awarded each time the ball is served regardless of who served it.
SERVINGA team earns service possession for the start of the first game by winning Rock/Paper/Scissors.
- A legal serve is one that crosses the net and is either touched by an opposing player or lands within the opposing team’s area of the court within the boundary lines. A serve that makes contact with the net and carries over to the opponent’s side of the net is a live serve and must be returned.
- No jump serves are allowed.
- When the serving team wins the rally, the player who served before, serves again.
- When the receiving team wins the rally, it gains the right to serve and must rotate server but does not have to rotate position on the court.
- Players on the receiving team cannot block or attack a serve.
PLAYING THE BALL
- Volleyball team members do not need to rotate positions on the court. They do have to rotate service though.
- Every player is eligible to attack the net.
- Each team is allowed a maximum of 3 successive contacts of the ball in order to return the ball to the opponent’s area.
- Open hand tips are illegal.
- Returning a serve with a set is illegal and must be "passed" with a bump (hands together below the wrist) or with your hands together (above the waist).
- When setting the ball over the net, the player's shoulders must be square to the direction of the set.
- Players are not permitted to scoop, hold or lift the ball. The ball must be clearly hit.
- There is no centerline. You may cross under the net providing that you do not contact a player from the other side or hinder their play of the ball.
- The ball must cross the plane of the net before contact may be made unless it is the 3rd hit by the offense and the contact is made to block the shot.
- Contact with the net is a violation. This includes contact made by hats, hair or clothing.
- Crossing or playing over any of the ball guards is a dead ball.
- Crossing into the other courts is a dead ball.
- A stray ball onto the court constitutes a replay if it comes in during play
- Blocking is the action close to the net which intercepts the ball coming from the opponent's side by making contact with the ball before, during or after it crosses the net.
- A block contact is not counted as a team hit, and a team is entitled to 3 hits to return the ball.
- The first hit after the block may be executed by any player, including the one who blocked the ball.
- All games in the tournament will be officiated by a league official.
- We enforce a “Zero Tolerance Policy” in regards to behavior of players, team managers, and fans. Taunting, trash talking, or abusive language will not be tolerated. Officials and volleyball league staff will have the right to reprimand or eject players, managers, or fans depending on the severity of the situation. Abusive behavior toward the official will not be tolerated. An ejection carries a one game suspension (including the current game). In extreme cases, the player will be asked to leave the premises without refund. The severity of the punishment will be based on the discretion of the official and league staff. Only CAPTAINS of respective teams are allowed to approach the official with questions or concerns in a respective manner. Teams charging the field of play to question or complain a call will be subject to an automatic forfeit for that game.
- Any rules not covered or protests will be handled by the Tournament Director.
- All decisions of the Tournament Director are final. The Tournament Director shall also have the final authority to make adjustments to match schedules, match duration, and other aspects of the tournament as may become necessary during the course of the tournament.