STARTS May 21, 2023
Summer 2023 5v5 Coed Basketball (Sundays) – WBC
Coed 5v5 | 2:00PM - 8:00PM
|May 12, 2023|
|May 21, 2023|
Part of Town
Regular Registration Price
|$895 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|$119 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|Apr 15, 2023 - May 05, 2023|
Early Registration Price
|$845 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|$105 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
Early Registration Period*
|Dec 21, 2022 - Apr 14, 2023|
Late Registration Price
|$945 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
|$135 + 6.0% Processing Fee|
Late Registration Period*
|May 06, 2023 - May 12, 2023|
*Click “All Details” for Early Bird and Late registration periods and fees.
- This competitive rec league is open to all players with experience playing organized basketball.
- Games will be played at Westbury Christian School Athletic Complex.
- Join as a Team Captain and fill your team’ roster.
- Minimum 8 players
- No Max
- Join solo or with a small group as a Free Agent and we’ll place you on a team. You can request teammates when you register.
- Game Start Times: 2:00pm-8:00pm
- 7 regular season games
- Trained Officials & Scorekeepers
- Unlimited roster sizes – no per player fees for team registration
- Team Shirts (First 10 included. $10 for each additional)
- Playoffs for top teams
- Championship Prizes
LEAGUE FORMATAll teams will compete during the regular season and top teams will advance to the playoffs. The number of playoff teams will be determined by the total number of teams in the league. Tie breakers are determined by win/loss record, head to head, and point differential.
- Normal rules and penalties follow standard UIL guidelines (NFHS) unless otherwise stated.
- Each game will be played with two 20-minute halves (running clock).
- Each team will get two timeouts per half. Time outs do not carry over to the next half. A team is not able to advance the ball to half court on a timeout. A timeout is not automatic, it must be granted by the official. Only a player on the court may call timeout. Each team is granted one timeout in the first overtime. Regulation timeouts do not carry over into overtime.
- There is a no stalling rule. If the officials deem a team to be stalling, they may institute a thirty second shot clock at any time. There is a mandatory thirty second shot clock in the last two minutes of regulation.
- Overtime will be two minutes of gameplay with a 30 second shot clock instituted at the one minute mark. Double Overtime will be one minute long with a thirty second shot clock. Triple overtime will be sudden death.
BEGINNING OF THE GAMEThe beginning of the game starts with a jump ball. The possessions for all following jump balls alternate. The start of any necessary overtime periods will begin with a jump ball.
- Each team shall field no more than 5 players on the court at one time. Teams may have as many players on their roster as they choose. All rosters can be added to throughout the season but no players will be allowed to play without having joined the roster via registration through our website.
- The minimum number of male or female players required for a team to play is 2 and the maximum of 3. (example: 2 females/3 males or 3 females/ 2 males).
- Teams may start an official game with 4 players and can finish with 3 players. Acceptable gender ratios for this circumstance are 2 females/2 males,4 females/0 males, 3 females/1 male, and 2 females/1 male.
- All players must wear matching numbered uniforms or the new SPORTSKIND league shirt or a SPORTSKIND Championship shirt. Two (2) points will be awarded to the opponent for each player checked in without matching numbered uniforms or a SPORTSKIND shirt. During the course of the regular season teams are allowed to “pick up” players from the league that are not on their roster in order to field a full team.
- Teams will supply their own 29.5 official size ball.
SUBSTITUTIONSSubstitutions are allowed at any dead ball. Players wishing to sub into the game must let the scorekeeper know, and may not sub in until called into the game by the officials.
- Personal fouls will be recorded for all leagues.
- Players will foul-out after being awarded their 5th personal foul.
- All technical fouls will be recorded as personal fouls.
- A team begins shooting one-and-one on the 7th team foul of each half and continues shooting one-and-one on any following fouls until the tenth team foul.
- On the tenth team foul teams will be awarded two free throws for that and every team foul during the remainder of the half.
- All shooting fouls are 2 shot fouls unless the shooter is attempting a 3 point shot. Then they will receive three shots.
- If a foul is an intentional foul the player will receive 2 shots and the ball.
- Technical fouls are counted as personal fouls. All technical fouls result in 2 free throws and ball possession.
- A player must sit out one minute after being assessed a technical foul. A technical foul also results in a team foul, but no additional free throws will be granted for bonus situations.
- Any individual that is assessed two technical fouls will be ejected from the game. (Depending on the severity of the technical foul a player can be ejected after being assessed 1 technical under the discretion of the referee.). An ejected player(s) is required to leave the premises immediately – refusal to leave the premises may result in a team forfeit and / or increased length of suspension.
- A player receiving two technicals in one game will not be eligible to play the next game. He/she must sit out at least one game before returning to league play.
- If one team gets three technical fouls, the game will end with the team receiving the technical being assessed a loss for personal misconduct regardless of the in-game score.
- A team that has two games called due to personal misconduct will be ejected from the league with no refund.
PLAYOFFSIt will consist of the top teams in the league playing in a single elimination. If there is a tie in the standings we will go to the head-to-head match-up to determine seeding. No substitutes will be allowed during playoffs and all players must have already played in at least one regular season game and are on the league roster/waiver. Teams that have had two forfeits during the course of the regular season will not be eligible for playoffs.
PLAYOFF ELIGIBILITYNo substitutes will be allowed during playoffs. All players must have already appeared in at least one regular season game, and have been successfully added to a team’s official roster. Any player protests in the playoffs must be done before a game.
- If your team forfeits a game during the season, the following rules apply:
- First Offense: Loss of game. Score marked: 10-0.
- Second Offense: Loss of game and lost ability to make playoffs.
- Contact us at least 48 hours in advance if you know in advance that your team is going to forfeit a game.
- If you know your team has a conflict, let us know before the schedule is released and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- Teams will have 10 minutes from the start of their designated game time to gather all of their teammates to start the game. The late team loses one point per minute until the ten minute mark, when a forfeit is issued. If the entire team isn’t there by 10 minutes after the designated game time it will result in a forfeit with a final score 10-0.
SPORTSMANSHIPWe enforce a “Zero Tolerance Policy” in regards to behavior of players, managers, and fans. Taunting, trash talking, or abusive language will not be tolerated. Referees and SPORTSKIND staff will have the right to reprimand or eject players, managers, or fans depending on the severity of the situation. Abusive behavior toward the referee will not be tolerated. An ejection carries a two game suspension (including the current game). In extreme cases, the player will be asked to leave the league without refund. The severity of the punishment will be based on the discretion of the referee and SPORTSKIND staff. Any rules not covered or protests will be handled by the SPORTSKIND staff.
- FIGHTING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ANY INSTANCES OF FIGHTING WILL RESULT IN A TEAM FORFEIT OF THE LEAGUE WITHOUT REFUND AND POSSIBLE EXPULSIONS FROM FUTURE SPORTSKIND EVENTS.
- ALL DECISIONS OF THE LEAGUE STAFF ARE FINAL. THE LEAGUE STAFF SHALL ALSO HAVE THE FINAL AUTHORITY TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO GAME SCHEDULES, GAME DURATION, AND OTHER ASPECTS OF THE RULES OR OF THE LEAGUE.