We have the ultimate Ultimate league for anyone looking to get outdoors and let the frisbee fly. Whatever skill level you’re at, our league has a spot with your name on it. Join a team or assemble your own and hit the field for a good time!
- 7 regular season games
- Game equipment
- Unlimited roster sizes – no per player fees for team registration
- Team Shirts (First 12 included. $10 for each additional)
- Playoffs for top teams
- Championship Prizes
Schedules & Standings
- The object of the game is to score more points than the opposing team. No more than 6 male players may be on the field at any one time. All games will consist of two 20- minute halves with a 3 minute half time. Clock starts at game time and will begin once both teams are ready to play. The clock shall run continuously until the final two minutes of each half, at which point it will stop after a score and until the next pull. A forfeit is called at 10 minutes after the game start time if a team or teams do not have enough players to start.
- Teams can have an unlimited number of players on the official roster. The maximum number of players on the field is 7. The minimum number of players is 5. There are no gender requirements for a team on the field. All team members must be in a SPORTSKIND league shirt.
- If a team has fewer than 7 players, the team has the option to pick up players from within the league to keep from forfeiting the game. A team must have at least 5 players from their roster in order to qualify to play. Picking up a player (to make 6) from within the league is allowed at the discretion of league staff. However, these substitute players must have a SPORTSKIND shirt and play within the league. A 7th player may only be added at the approval of the opposing team since these additional players are not required to play an official game. Possession and direction shall be determined by Rock, Paper, Scissors prior to the beginning of the game. The winning captain will have the option of choosing possession or direction for the first half. The other captain will have the remaining option.
RULES TO THE GAME
- The Field — A rectangular shape with end zones at each end. Field size is approximately 70 yards by 40 yards, with end zones 25 yards deep.
- Initiate Play — Each point begins with both teams lining up on the front of their respective end zone line. The defense throws (“pulls”) the disc to the offense. A regulation game has seven players per team. If the receiving team of the pull touches or drops the disc before it makes contact with the ground, the result is a turnover.
- Scoring — Each time the offense completes a pass in the defense’s end zone, the offense scores a point. Play is initiated after each score.
- Movement of the Disc — The disc may be advanced in any direction by completing a pass to a teammate. Players may not run with the disc. The person with the disc (“thrower”) has ten seconds to throw the disc. The defender guarding the thrower (“marker”) counts out the stall count.
- Change of possession — When a pass is not completed (e.g. out of bounds, drop, block, interception), the defense immediately takes possession of the disc and becomes the offense.
- Substitutions — Players not in the game may replace players in the game after a score and during an injury timeout.
- Time-outs: Each team is entitled to two 90-second time-outs per half. Time-outs do not carry over to the second half.
- Non-contact — No physical contact is allowed between players. Picks and screens are also prohibited. A foul occurs when contact is made.
- Fouls — When a player initiates contact on another player a foul occurs. When a foul disrupts possession, the play resumes as if the possession was retained. If the player committing the foul disagrees with the foul call, the play is redone.
- Self-Refereeing — Players are responsible for their own foul and line calls. Players resolve their own disputes.
- Spirit of the Game — Ultimate stresses sportsmanship and fair play. Competitive play is encouraged, but never at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules, and the basic joy of play.
- Playoffs will follow the end of the regular season. It will consist of the top teams in the league playing in a single elimination tournament. If there is a tie in the standings, the head-to-head match up will determine seeding. If there is no clear head-to-head winner, run differential will determine seeding.
- No substitutes will be allowed during playoffs. All players must have already played in at least one regular season game and be on the league roster/waiver.
FORFEIT POLICYIf your team forfeits a game during the season, the following rules apply:
- First Offense: Loss of game. Score marked: 7-0
- Second Offense: Loss of game and lost the ability to make the playoffs.
- Third Offense: Removal from the league.
- Contact us at least 48 hours in advance if you know in advance that your team is going to forfeit a game.
- If you know your team has a conflict, let us know before the schedule is released and we will make every effort to accommodate.
- Teams have until ten minutes past the designated start time to field a full squad (or the league minimum of players required according to rules). If at that time a team is unable to field a legal team, they forfeit the game. The teams may utilize the playing field during their allotted time to play an unofficial game. The official score will be marked as a loss with the respective forfeit score.
- We enforce a “Zero Tolerance Policy” in regards to behavior of players, managers, and fans. Taunting, trash talking, or abusive language will not be tolerated. League staff will have the right to reprimand or eject players, managers, or fans depending on the severity of the situation. Abusive behavior toward a staff member will not be tolerated. An ejection carries a two game suspension (including the current game). In extreme cases, the player will be asked to leave the premises without refund. The severity of the punishment will be based on the discretion of the official and league staff. Only MANAGERS of respective teams are allowed to approach the official with questions or concerns in a respective manner.
- Alcohol and smoking is not allowed on playing fields.
- Any rules not covered or protests will be handled by the staff.
- There will be no refunds allowed for rain delays or cancellations. If the league is postponed due to weather, we will reschedule to a later date. There will be no refunds if you are not able to furnish a team on the makeup date.
- Ultimate is played in the rain if at all possible unless the Official or Facility Representative decide it is necessary to postpone due to dangerous field conditions or lightning. If lightning occurs, all attempts will be made to resume play 30 minutes after the last lightning flash is viewed and the official deems it safe to resume play. The games will resume as scheduled if at all possible, or shortened if necessary.
- All decisions of the staff are final. The official shall also have the final authority to make adjustments to match schedules, match duration, and other aspects of the league as may become necessary during the course of the league.
- FIGHTING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. ANY INSTANCES OF FIGHTING MAY RESULT IN A TEAM FORFEIT OF THE TOURNAMENT WITHOUT REFUND AND POSSIBLE EXPULSIONS FROM FUTURE TOURNAMENTS.
- ALL DECISIONS OF THE LEAGUE STAFF ARE FINAL. THE LEAGUE STAFF SHALL ALSO HAVE THE FINAL AUTHORITY TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO GAME SCHEDULES, GAME DURATION. AND OTHER ASPECTS OF THE RULES OR OF THE LEAGUE.