Social Media Intern
Enrich your active lifestyle with SPORTSKIND. We offer premier sports leagues and team experiences for young professionals to cultivate a well-balanced life through team sports, fitness and wellness.
SPORTSKIND was inspired by the experiences and passion of longtime rec sports teammates and their vision of creating better sports experiences, celebrating the competitive spirit, and developing a social community and culture around team sports. Built on a deep love for sports, and inspired by teamwork and performance, we are committed to providing the best team sports leagues and experiences for our members, staff and community.
Stay active, stay balanced and stay connected with SPORTSKIND.
SPORTSKIND is looking for a Social Media Intern to join our growing team and help us achieve our next stage of rapid growth – intended for SUMMER 2022.
The ideal candidate is very active on social media and loves creating content. As our Social Media Intern, you’ll have the chance to help concept, create and schedule social campaigns to support SPORTSKIND’’s strategic objectives.
In this role you will report to the Director of Marketing while working in cooperation with our operations team to assist in League Management, Marketing, Event Planning, and General Operations.
- Develop successful social media content strategies to drive continued follower and engagement growth with a balance for both brand-driving and sales-driving initiatives.
- Create and publish social media content across all platforms (IG, FB and TikTok).
- Engage our communities on all social platforms, from answering questions to to rapport building
- Manage social listening on review platforms: monitor comments, respond in brand voice, and provide valuable customer service.
- Identify and incorporate new features and functionality available on all social media platforms.
- Write copy for social media posts and blog articles on our website.
- Maintain social media reports and provide insight into data trends.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Enrolled in or graduated from a Bachelor’s Degree program in Marketing or Communications.
- Minimum 2 years of social media experience.
- Working knowledge of creating and scheduling posts for Instagram, Facebook and TikTok.
- Passion for consuming media and following cultural trends.
- Conceptual thinker, ability to ideate and bring creative ideas/campaigns to life.
- Professional team-player, collaborative, and open to feedback.
- Immaculate attention to detail and the ability to self-manage deadlines.
- Strategic, self-motivated, intellectually curious, innovative and resourceful.
- Dynamic communicator with the ability to write, present, and share ideas articulately.
- Intermediate experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) preferred.
- Bonus if you have experience with creating and editing video.
- Professional development
- Course credit, as applicable
- Employee parties and perks
- Tons of new friends and connections
- Company swag and apparel
- Free entry to our leagues and tournaments
Interested students should submit a resume and a link to an online portfolio.